Having a catalog of different squat exercises is important, such as the front squat, the back squat, the sumo squat, the Jefferson squat, the Zercher squat, etc. But having eleven variants of squats in progression to improve the technique helps us learn and improve our squats avoiding the risk of injury and progressing in effectiveness.
Eleven exercises that improve your squat
The dominant exercises of the knee that work the quadriceps mainly, are exercises of press type of the inferior train, a pattern of main movements for the balanced development of the musculature of the legs, very important in the health and in the sports performance.
The eleven exercises that you can see in this video for the leg work are the following …
1. Quadriceps extensions from aerial quadrupeds.
2. Elevated knee hinge (with knees support step better).
- Isometric squat on wall.
- Squat rolled on fitball on wall.
- Counterweight squat.
- Squats box (box squat): high, parallel and deep.
- Squat face to wall.
- Squat with muscle brace (Russian belt).
- Sissy squat.
- Squat down from initial swing and raising arms.
- Squat on the head (overhead squat) with pica.